Starting the blog

Well, decided to pursue this blog in order to get my ideas for a game world on paper and organised.

The initial idea started to grow when I was looking for a new war game, after having played WWII themed boardgames for more then 25 years and in need of something else, easy to learn and simple to play in order for it to fit my schedule and interest from friends. Miniatures seemed the way to go. But before heading there I also was part of an RPG on-line world and, by taking part in adventures and writing little stories about them, discovered that I actually enjoyed this part of the on-line world.

With regards to miniatures I remembered seeing a group of friends regularly playing Classic Battletech at a convention so decided to get my old rules and boards out and see if I could join those guys somehow. I had no access to CBT miniatures so, in order to get a collection going, ordered some online. Soon I realized that those things need some work and particularly it was painting them which drew my biggest interest so spend quit some time searching the web for info.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, one of the CBT forums directed me to Gruntz, linked to the Blog and Yahoo group and slowly ordered small troops of 15mm miniatures. I like the idea of Gruntz as an open system that allows for developing your own unique environment and I notieced a lot of blogging going on in 15mm so the idea of a blog and Planet QDX was born.

My live is kind of full at this point in time. Responsibilities at work and at home and interests in other games keep me away from developing my ideas very quickly. This blog therefore comes in handy to keep track on developments, linking lite stories and AAR's together to tell a bigger story but also some WIP, DYO rules and other randomness from time to time. A schedule of monthly updates is already a very steep target for me but I'll give it a try. You probably noticed that I'm not born English so I'm sorry if the grammar isn't always correct.

Despite the slow updates I hope this blog will also be interesting for you.

P.S. for those interested this is the link to Gruntz - http://www.gruntz.biz/ - Have fun!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten